PARENTS & FAMILIES
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO SUPPORT THE WELCOME FAIR WHICH IS SEPTEMBER 29, 2017, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Gently used books and magazines – DROP OFF IS ON MAIN FLOOR
- New or gently used plush toys (washable and without batteries please!) DROP OFF IS ON MAIN FLOOR
- New small toys, games, small puzzles, craft/colouring kits or bubbles – DROP OFF IN A BAG ON MAIN FLOOR
- Contribute a jar (any size) filled with goodies such as stickers, candy, Hot Wheels, Polly Pockets, school supplies, marbles…the ideas are endless – PLEASE DROP OFF THE JARS IN THE BLACK BINS BY THE OFFICE
- Community contacts for small game prizes, please email Patricia Cornejo at CornejoA@gmail.com
- NEW items or services/gift cards/etc. that you and/or your business can donate for the Silent Auction (We will post the company/person’s name at the Fair so a bit of free advertising!)
Fair information can be found here.
Over the last few week, many of you may have noticed a transformation to the school yard with the introduction of 5 new trees in raised planter boxes, as well as vines along the fence adjacent to Beecroft Rd.
These plantings are a result of the work of the St. Cyril Green Team. A small group of parent volunteers on this team who approached the city to donate and plant the vines. They were also the successful recipients of a grant from Live Green Toronto, which has allowed for the cost of the tree plantings. The trees and vines bring much needed shade and other environmental benefits for the school community. Work is also underway for the planting of a living willow wall along the fence line adjacent to the parking lot, which will enhance the privacy and air quality of the area.
Come spring 2017, we will need to rely on parent/student volunteers who can spend some time on evenings and weekends during the summer months to help water the vines and trees. This will help to ensure that they continue to grow during the crucial first 2 years after planting. For more information on the Green Team’s journey, please visit our page . To become a watering volunteer, even if it is just a few days, please contact us at: email@example.com