The St. Cyril Catholic School Parent Council (CSPC) raises money to enhance your child’s school experience by supporting various activities throughout the school year.
Funds are raised through two distinct means:
- St Cyril Foundation: Registered charity to accept donations and provide tax receipts
- CSPC: Fundraising through school commmunity activities including a Welcome BBQ/Fair, pizza lunches and spirit wear.
Instead of running several fundraisers throughout the year, St. Cyril runs an Annual Family Donation Program which provides the largest share of our revenue and is the only fundraising activity that yields 100% profit to the school. Our “St Cyril Catholic School Foundation” is a registered charity with the CRA. All donations are tax deductible and receipts are provided for income tax purposes. Revenue from the welcome to school BBQ and pizza lunches is also used to support many activities during the year.
How to Donate: You can donate in any of the following 3 ways:
- Send an E-transfer directly the CSPC account: email@example.com. Please ensure you complete the donation form as well since this information is required to prepare your charitable donation tax receipt.
- Donate through United Way, Benevity or Canada Helps company sponsored programs. If your company matches your United Way, Benevity or Canada Helps donation, consider choosing St Cyril School Foundation (Charity # 856362348RR0001) and possibly double the donation.
- To inquire about alternative donation methods, please contact Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the activities that CSPC supported in the 2018-19 school year were the following:
- $3,000 for Scientists in School – providing students from JK to Grade 8 with classroom workshops that are curriculum-aligned and STEM focused
- $1,600 to school sports teams / extracurricular activities – giving our students a chance to compete and feel proud as part of a team
- $1,400 for agendas for grades 1-8 – helping our children learn how to manage their days
- $8,800 for special events – providing our children a chance to celebrate their sacraments, graduations and teaching our children about community and participation
- $4,700 for buses (1 per class) – supporting field trips and giving our students a chance to learn outside the classroom
- $8,300 to the teachers to help supplement their classroom/library supplies and curriculum – encouraging our children to read and learn
|Classroom Support||Teacher allocation to supplement classroom supplies|
|School Request||Computer / iPads|
|Curriculum Support||Agendas, “Scientists in School”, Library support|
|Extra-Curricular Activities||Swim Team, Hockey Tournament|
|Special Events||Class skating refreshments, Advent mass, Pancake Tuesday, Communion/Confirmation Lunch, SK/Grade 8 Graduation, Winter Carnival, Catholic Education Week|
|Field Trip Support||Buses for class field trips|
|Administration||Banking fees and other miscellaneous costs|
During the 2019-20 school year, some of the activities and events normally sponsored by CSPC were not able to take place due to Covid-19. However, CSPC was able to provide funding for Scientists in School, classroom support, library support, agendas, buses for field trips and the swim team.
Let’s work together to achieve our goals and further enrich our children’s school experience!! If you haven’t already, consider donating today!
Stay tuned for information on St Cyril Panthers’ Spirit Wear!
Proceeds from spirit wear supports initiatives at the school.
Select St. Cyril when ordering Mabel’s Labels. You can support the school by selecting St. Cyril when you order personalized labels/bag tags from Mabel’s Labels https://mabelslabels.com/support-a-fundraiser/